Friday, October 31, 2008

Early Voting Ends Today!!!

This morning, the mobile Early Voting van made it close to my building here at work. I made it a point to get to work early so I could walk to do “my civil duty”. There’s such a feeling that I get each and every time I vote. It’s a radiant feeling and it seems as though others around me can see it for miles around.

There were a couple of people already there voting, but I was the first/ next in line with a machine open and ready for me. The volunteers that were there seemed like they could feel my excitement and were happy for me too! It’s such an easy, worthwhile process that you can’t believe that more people don’t do it. All they did was scan my Voters Registration Card, verified my address and handed me a code that gets placed in the machine. After choosing each candidate on the machine using the wheel, verify your choice and hit enter. They give you an “I Voted” sticker and you are on your way. That’s it! Easy as 1, 2, 3! It takes longer to get your food at a restaurant than it does to vote and we still out to eat don’t we?

I do understand the “hassle” when you wait until Election Day to vote. The lines are ridiculously long and sometimes tempers fly in the lines out of frustration. That’s why it’s important to vote during early voting times. No long lines at all!

It is such a let down when the person that you voted for doesn’t win, but you will not have the guilt afterward that you would feel if you didn’t vote. At least with your vote you tried to make a “change”.

If you haven’t voted yet, today is the last day for Early Voting. Please go out and pick your choice for the Presidency. Whether we agree or disagree, all that matters to me is that you vote. Let your opinion count!

No comments: