Wednesday, February 04, 2009

4 Year Old Dies in Washing Machine

Kayley Ishii climbed into the front loading washing machine and “apparently” her 15 month old brother started the machine. What’s gets me the most is that they reported that the controls were “20 inches from the floor and the start switch was a simple push button.” Could a 15 month old cut that on? Kayley was in the machine for at least 2 minutes before her mother found her. It had already begun to tumble including being filled with water! The police ruled her death as accidental. You all know me, I’m a skeptic… For some reason, I don’t think this was accidental. Number One, I don’t see a 15 month old reaching a button that was 20 inches off the floor. She then goes on to say that she didn’t know why she would climb into the machine – didn’t know if they were playing or what… You mean to tell me that a 4 year old doesn’t know not to touch the washing machine? They should at least know that it isn’t a toy. I don’t know I’ve always been the type to believe that there is foul play involved when I hear of someone passing away in a weird way.

I feel sorry for Kayley – what a horrible way to leave this Earth.

2 comments:

hollybeth75 said...

I agree with you Symmonne! MURDER!

sunny said...

You skeptics! :) 20 inches is less than 2 feet. My kids were born taller than that. So 20 inches from the floor seems like an issue with the manufacturer - especially if it were only a push button start. I think the mom deserves the benefit of the doubt, at least based on just this information. Put yourself in the situation.