Monday, October 05, 2009

BOREDOM

Isn’t one of the worst things in the world being bored? Being bored at your job makes you do things at work that you normally wouldn’t do such as play on Facebook, Yahoo Games (I’m addicted to Bejeweled regardless of what site I can play it on) or whatever site that grabs your attention (Blogger!! lol). Point is it gets you into trouble... A lot of people tell me that they would LOVE my job because it has its highs and lows – busy times and slow times. Unfortunately, I like being busy more than NOT because it keeps my mind off the clock. I’ve had jobs to where there was never enough time in the day to get things done and now I’m at a place where the clock is so loud in my ear that I can hardly stand it!! TICK… TICK… TICK – and that’s just by 9:00 a.m.!!!

Same goes for boredom in relationships. When you are bored, you feel as though your spouse of significant other has forgotten all about you and has gone on with their life while you remain stagnant in yours. You spend all your time wanting and waiting to do things with them, while they have plans with everyone else BUT you!! Meanwhile, bad things can happen in that boredom... Things and people begin grabbing your attention that shouldn’t… Although couples have each other to prevent this, each individual person should have their own life outside of the other person to where some things are shared and some things are just for that person to focus on. It’s just so you don’t lose yourself in the process of enjoying the other person.

Has this happened to any of you? Any ideas to prevent this from happening to others who may be going through this? Of course I’m no stranger to this topic or I wouldn’t be writing about it. I’ve been so wrapped up in someone else that I’ve lost all the people around me. My friends and family noticed at the time, but I’m the only one who could have done something about it. I was sooo into someone that no one mattered to me but him while at the same time he was so busy seeing everyone else BUT me. I completely lost myself and the person that I was because my everything was focused on him. It’s very eye opening to see it now from this perspective… I wonder why I couldn’t see these things before…

No comments: